CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A SAD, SAD, DAY


Well, it is over....the memorial of Sgt Kenny Gibson happened this morning....It was even harder than I thought it was going to be, and I knew it was going to be tough....Nikki is a hero too....I don't know how she is doing it....I don't know that I would even be able to get out of bed or not....she is proving to be a tower of courage and strength...For those of you who don't know already, my friend, Nikki Gibson, lost her husband on August 10 in Iraq....He IS a true HERO.....he jumped in front of a terrorist attacking his platoon sgt and platoon leader....He jumped.....he JUMPED.....wow, I cannot imagine....I don't know what kind of weapon was used, but he saved their lives and gave his own....Nikki, if you are reading this blog, please know that I grieve with you and want to help in ANY way that I Possibly can.....right now, all I can do is honor the 2 of you for your unblievable sacrifice that you have made....From what I understand, Kenny had left little pink love notes all over the house for Nikki to find before he went back to Iraq during his recent R&R trip home....I hope and pray that finding these little notes will be comforting to her....so, today, those of you reading this......Love one another, hold one another, kiss one another and never, ever, take each other for granted....Live every single day as if it COULD be your last..........BE HAPPY.......

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will continue to pray for her and the family. This sort of tragedy always puts things in perspective. You really don't know what you got until it is gone. My heart aches for her during her time of loss and I don't even know her. It is tragic.