CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 22, 2008

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!

I hope this finds you all doing well and ready for the weekend.....I love Fridays....especially this Friday.....it's been a pretty tough week for LOTS of reasons I cannot begin to even go into in this small amount of space I have, so, let's just sum it all up into....THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY.....AJ's homeschool curriculum is arriving today at some point and even though he ACTS like he's not happy about it, I know that he is excited.....just nervous I think because it is all kind of new to him....For those of you who don't know, I started off homeshooling him...I homeschooled him from Kindergarten thru 2nd grade....so, technically, he's only been in public school, for 3rd, 4th, and 1/2 of 5th grade because we had him at our church's private school for the 1st half of 5th grade.....so, I am happy and feel at peace about homeschooling....I TRULY feel that this is what God wants me to do...not only with AJ, but with all of my children....YES, I didn't make a mistake...I said ALL of them...including Ethan....my little Ethan.....as most of you know, Ethan has Autism....Autism does NOT have Ethan....(that's my little slogan)....his Autism is extremely mild and he has grown out of almost all of the behaviors and issues he once had....I KNOW that I can homeschool them all, I just have a fear of it being too much for me to handle....but, for some strange reason...I feel at peace with the idea....I REALLY want to do it...Homeschooling makes total sense...where else can they be taught about the things that are really important..???? Who better to teach them, than their parents???? Although I'm sure that some days will be challenging, I really feel led to do this...And being an army family, it only makes sense to be able to schedule school time on OUR time...when WE have to move, or deal with deployments, or emergencies back home...school can go with us wherever we are.....Just pray with me about these decisions...we will make a final decision by the 1st of December.....Also, I am concerned that because Ethan is in the Special Education program, (for those of you who don't know, schools get paid a lot of money for these children in special education) and my fear is that they won't want to disenroll him from the school and give me trouble....So, just keep us in your prayers.......Thanks to you all........Have a great weekend!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow homeschooling all three..that is awesome. You are a great woman and I think that you will do just fine with the homeschooling all three children. Loyds latest decision is he is going to OCS..can you believe that? That means once he gets commisioned..we will have to spend ten more years in the military instead of the 6 we have right now left...UGH..but I guess the pay would be worth it..I'm really struggling with this..email me and tell me what you think..I will continue to pray for you and your decisions! Please continue to pray for my family and our decisions! Love ya

Nikki said...

YAY!!! You can do it, I know you can. Your kids will thank you. Oh and we'll have lots of fun together too...hehehe